We're a Match!


4/15/11
The following is a series of text messages from Cherina and I on Wednesday April 13th. I am not sure how to best tell the story, so this is where I will start for now.
 From me to Cherina:
         Email from Kami: Just wanted to let you know your urine testing looks great. We can move to the next and hopefully final steps for donor evaluation, which is the surgeon visit and CTA scan.
         We Passed!!!!
From Cherina to me:
            Omg omg! This is wonderful! Thank u!
From me:
         I know I am about to poop my pants!!! They will call tomorrow to schedule my surgeon visit, then we should talk about when we want to do this.
         It takes about a month to schedule the surgery I guess, but they told me we could easily schedule around things.
From Cherina:
            Soon! Yes awesome! This is a miracle really
From Me:
         Isn’t it? Confirmation to me that there is a God!!!
From Cherina:
            Omg yes! Im so happy
            Everyone has been praying.…
            I am so happy, but its hard right now …           
I have to say I love u!
From me:
                  After the first time we met I told Shane that we were going to be good friends for a long time, I think God wanted us to be a part of eachothers lives! I love you too!
From Cherina:
            Thank u. I agree, definitely. Im so blessed to have u! So other than scheduling surgery, u have another appt where they will do a CT u said? And what else?
            Ru still okay with all of this seeing that its so real now?
From Me:
         Just a surgeon and a CT scan where they choose which one to take, check for weird nerves wrapped around the kidney and things like that.
From Cherina:
            Oh yes that’s right. so now we wait I guess until they call with an appt? I hope they do it soon! :)
From me:
Like I have said all along, I have known that this was my purpose right now and it is so freeing to know what I am supposed to be doing. Of course I am okay with it! I feel lucky to be the chosen one!
         At the last meeting they said that the surgeon was available 4 days a week and is pretty easy to get into…
From Cherina:
            Yay! Youre one of a kind for sure! Im so excited! Oh good :)
 
And a little later in the day…
 
From me:
         Have you told your dad yet? I can only imagine how excited he is!
From Cherina:
            Yes! He is thrilled. My whole family is thrilled!
From me:
         I am glad they are, since I have met your dad I can picture his reaction. No picture of your mom in my head though! Soon enough I am sure!
From Cherina:
            U are our angel!
From me:
         I hope you know how fun this is for me too! Its like I am on one of those secret millionaire shows where I get to meet unsuspecting and deserving families and give them a ton of money, only without all the money and tv cameras!
From Cherina:
            Hahaha that’s great. Im so happy u feel that way. This is a big big deal. Youre giving me my life back! Once we get a date for surgery, my aunt wants to come out for a weekend to meet u from Canada if you don’t care. She will also come for surgery. Shes my second Mom. The one I can bring everything to.              Shes a strong believer and has been praying for u and your family everyday. My gparents are the best too! They have been praying too.
From Me:
         Fun! I would love to meet your family. I called my grandparents today and told them too- and they want to meet you! We both have been getting a lot of prayers lately!
From Cherina:
            Yes :) I just need and want your family to like me! Its pressure because they have to feel that im worth it bc you, who they love, are putting yourself on the table for me u know. My family loves you for saving me!
            I just stress about stuff ad analyze all the time. I know it will be great.
From me:
         If you were a felon my family would still love you,  are you kidding? Kyle Kristi and I are all products of them. You have nothing to worry about!
         I get what you mean, but I think you are worth it, and so will everyone else in my family!!!
From CHerina:
            Thanks that makes me feel good. U Kyle Shane and Lindsay are soo easy :) Im so lucky
 
4-14-11
From Cherina:
            Morning! I could hardly sleep  last night bc of all the excitement
            Everyone wants to meet u in the future :)
~Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment